Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is called planning

No wonder I can't get knocked up. My sister-in-law is hogging all the pregnancies for herself.

Ok, to be fair, she's *only* on pregnancy #3. It's not like she's knocking the babies out like a future reality show star or something. But out of three pregnancies, guess how many were oops? One? No. Two? Nah. Yup, all three.

First one, they knew each other a month or two, and didn't bother with birth control. Ok, good for them - it really worked out, because they were madly in love and clearly meant for each other. So she quit grad school, and they got married. Second one, she said - and I quote - "my birth control method failed." (I had to bite my tongue from telling her that not everyone ovulates on day 14. I did, however, lend her my copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility.") Now I think they have to be doing it on purpose.

Is it rude if I buy her some condoms next year for Christmas?

Yeah? Darn.

After I got pregnant with the kiddo - and she still only had one baby - she said to me, "it must be really cool to be married, have a house, and actually plan for it to work out this way." Um. Yeah. I suppose you could call it "planning." Or something.

6 comments:

  1. Good lord. One "oops" baby... okay, whatever. But three? There's a bit of moron involved in that.

    Tee hee at your condom stocking stuffer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Some people...but what can you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there must be some sort of unwritten law that sisters and SIL's must be unbelievably fertile when one infertile exists in a family. I have the same weirdness in my family too.

    I'm always drawing the short straw, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning? *humph!* I was on the Pill for the better part of 15 years. Where's my frikkin' refund for all that money wasted? Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there. Just found your blog. Your post cracked me up. I love the condoms for christmas idea! That should be a charitable campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd splurge on her for Christmas and offer to get her tubes tied. You know, the season for giving and all that.

    I was "planning" to have three kids by the time I was 30. *snort*

    ReplyDelete