Thursday, November 12, 2009

Progress - follicle check # 1

More blood work today and an ultrasound, and it looks like things are moving along nicely. I asked the nurse why the doc told me I wasn't responding as well a couple days ago, and she said my E2 was a bit lower than they like to see. My baseline E2 was 22, and on Tuesday (after two days of stims), it was up to only 42. They usually hope for it to be in the 80-100 range at that point.

Then came my ultrasound. Lining is super thin at 4.5, but I'm still bleeding, so that isn't surprising. I swear I thought I was going to burst with anticipation until the tech started counting follicles. So far, there are eight: five on the left side, and three on the right. She kept stressing that it was too early to see much, and that more will be visible as they get bigger, I think because she thought I was going to be upset at the number. On the contrary, I was thrilled! Clearly I'm not expecting very much out of my body.

Doc left me a message a while ago, and said that my dosage stays the same, and I go back on Saturday for another check. She didn't specify the E2, but now that I know about it I'm going to keep asking.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, got behind on my Reader. I'm glad the earlier impression was wrong and we are still all systems go for this cycle so far. Go follies go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go follies and E2! Go, go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great start. Keep on truckin', ovaries! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news. Glad to hear that your body responded well to the increased dosage. I hope you hear good news again when you go back on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete