Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SSDD

I had another follicle check yesterday morning. Guess what? A big miracle! My 3 follicles turned into 24! My doc said I looked like a 20-year old in there. No wait, better yet, it turns out I'm actually pregnant! I guess that's why the meds weren't making any follicles. But don't worry, the doc said that the Gonal-F and Menopur I've been using won't harm the baby; in fact, it's gonna make him a rock star! A genius, charming, sensitive, adorable rock star. Who knew. Oh, and labor won't hurt either - it's another side effect.

Should I throw in some lottery winnings too, just to make it more sarcastic?

Ok, so the real news is nothing new. I still have three (maybe two, but probably three), and my E2 is still chugging along. I go back tomorrow for what I hope is my final check, and then (*crossing fingers*) I should trigger tomorrow night and have my IUI on Friday. My stupid, senseless, annoying IUI. Did I mention that my husband had to talk me into doing it? I don't even want to bother, I know it's a waste of time and money, but at the same time I know we'll both regret it if we skip it. So, IUI it is.

I'm holding up fine. I'm crying here and there - the disappointment is just overwhelming at times - but for the most part I'm dealing. I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head about next steps - if there will be any next steps, that is. I keep telling myself to let this cycle finish, take a couple months, and then figure it out when the time is right. Right now, I'm in no rush.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you never know. I'd much rather live in your alternate reality myself.

    Thinking good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are going through this right now. I can only imagine the whirlwind of emotions you're going through. Hang in there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtual hugs and virtual throwing heavy breakable objects.

    ARG.

    ReplyDelete