Sunday, September 20, 2009

Highs and lows

First the highs...

Had a fantastic week off. Great, albeit a little cool on a couple days, beach weather. Wonderful food, and lots of it. Best part? My father-in-law spent half of the week with us, so we got to sleep in - together - a few days.

Found out a couple of good friends are pregnant, after doing IVF. Woot!

I don't go back to work until Thursday.

One of my best friends of 20+ years is in town, and she's coming over tomorrow for a couple days. I'm meeting her fiance for the first time.

Despite eating like it was going out of style, I didn't gain any weight. Woot!

And the lows...

A good friend emailed me yesterday about her "big" ultrasound appointment. They received terrible news. The worst kind of terrible news. The kind where the only decision to be made is ... now or later. My heart is breaking for her; I can't even imagine that kind of grief.

If I hear any variation of the phrase, "it'll happen when the time is right," or, similarly, "everything happens for a reason," I think I'll hit someone. My thoughts on that phrase deserve a full post, it bugs me so much, and it is hands-down, the most common thing people say to me lately.

My keyboard in my laptop is inexplicably sticky. Letters are not all typing, and this post has taken me over 30 minutes so far to type.

My period came yesterday. (You knew this was coming, I'm sure of it.) I had no warning at all, I felt perfectly fine and normal, and then there was blood. Now I have extremely painful cramps and the most disgusting things are flowing from me (literally, not figuratively!). I've never seen clots like this. I suppose a month off the meds will be good for me, but I also plan to mention it to the nurse tomorrow.

I feel so burnt out inside I don't even know what to say.

2 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry... sorry for AF coming, and sorry for your friend's heartache. I can't imagine. Sending big hugs in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you kindof expected it.. but still, sorry about the apparent BFN. Hope you get to enjoy some junk food and booze before you plot your next steps. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete